This Healthy Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Loaf is prepared in an hour and made with 100% entire wheat flour, shredded carrots, walnuts, chocolate chips, and yummy heat spices. You gained’t discover a extra scrumptious carrot bread on the web.
We Love Carrot Cake!
Carrot cake oh carrot cake, oh how I like the carrot cake.
If I had a alternative, I’d select carrot cake each time over some other type of cake. I like the moistness (hate this phrase), the spicy taste mixture, and the cream cheese frosting.
I’m positive you’re like WTF Lee, this recipe doesn’t have frosting. I do know I do know, I needed to make the manager choice to ditch the frosting once we added chocolate chips. It needed to be one or the opposite.
Carrot Bread Made More healthy
This carrot cake bread tastes like a mix of chocolate chip banana bread and carrot cake. I suppose you may name it banana carrot bread (with chocolate chips, in fact)?! And excellent news for you, we took some steps to make it better-for-you!
Sweetener: We used mashed banana and maple syrup for the sweetener. The shredded carrots and chocolate chips assist out, too. For those who’re not a giant fan of banana, be happy to applesauce or one other mashed fruit.
Fats: As an alternative of utilizing a full 1/four cup of coconut oil (which is what we might usually do), we subbed out some for nonfat Greek yogurt to lighten issues up. I like utilizing Greek in bread as a result of it offers the recipe a touch of tang and a ton of moistness with out the fats.
How have I already used the phrase moist greater than as soon as on this submit?
Flour: We’re huge followers of white entire wheat flour as a result of it’s lighter than regular entire wheat flour and excellent for wholesome baking! We do NOT advocate subbing out a grain-free flour as it could change the composition of the whole recipe.
How one can grate carrots
In case you are questioning the way to shred a carrot (mysterious, proper?), we used…a cheese grater.
I’m completely that weirdo that owns a number of cheese grater as a result of #1 we love cheese and #2, we shred plenty of veggies. Right here’s a superb one should you’re out there.
Professional tip: For those who really need the carrots to stay out, we advocate utilizing a bigger grate. Nonetheless, if you wish to attempt to disguise the carrots in your bread for the kiddos, you should use a smaller grate dimension.
Extra Carrot Cake Recipes
Watch the way to make this recipe!
Healthy Carrot Bread Recipe
In search of a scrumptious, veggie-packed bread to make? This Healthy Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Loaf is prepared in an hour and made with 100% entire wheat flour, shredded carrots, walnuts, chocolate chips, and yummy heat spices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Whole Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 9 1x
- 1 medium dimension banana, mashed
- 2 giant eggs
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- half cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups white entire wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- half teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1/four teaspoon floor cardamon
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups finely grated carrots, packed*
- half cup chopped pecans
- half cup darkish chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a standard-size loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Begin with the moist elements. In a medium/giant dimension mixing bowl, mash a banana till there are minimal to no lumps, then add the remainder of the moist elements to the bowl (aside from the coconut oil). Combine properly.
- In a separate bowl combine collectively dry elements.
- Add dry elements to the moist elements and blend. As soon as mixed, add the melted coconut oil to the batter and blend once more.
- Switch batter into bread pan after which sprinkle on some extra chocolate chips on prime.
- Bake at 350ºF for 38-42 minutes.
- Take away and let cool for five minutes earlier than eradicating from bread pan.
*In case your carrots are extraordinarily moist, ring out among the moisture with a paper towel earlier than including to the batter.
- Serving Measurement: 1/9
- Energy: 298
- Sugar: 22
- Fats: 12
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5